July 23, 2010

IT'S A LOVE/RELATIONSHIP

As I sit here writing this post my mind travels to things that people say or do on Social Networks.  It's amazing how freely we share " EVERYTHING"  that goes on in our life.  But, we get so upset when people comment on it.  But, we   revoked all rights to protest others opinions about our life.  This is only because we chose to share each detail on-line.  I surfed social networks such as Face book, Twitter, and Black Planet to see some of the things that I hate the most of Social Networking and to engage in some of the things that I love about it.  Ten topics that have played a part in developing my love/hate relationship with Social Networks.


  1. I absolutely hate when people expose their personal business on face book.  My personal opinion is that somethings should be kept to yourself.  This is why it's named "Personal".  I don't need to know that you are related to your mother through a cousin or uncle.  But, I love the fact that my family and I aren't crazy after all.
  2. I hate when people keep changing their relationship status on face book.  Just to inform you sweethearts your lover changed their status 3 weeks prior to you doing so.  He/She just didn't tell you.  
  3. Who besides myself hate when you send a message on twitter and your fellow tweeters get it as well?  Just follow me back so that I can direct message you.
  4. I despise Black planet sometimes.  Simply because there is a lot of desperate men on there.I received numerous instant messages from men in Africa.  One guy looked like he was posing in a hut with Travel Fox sneakers on.
  5. It irks my soul for someone to push the like button before reading the whole post.  They could say that a relative got hit by a tractor trailer and you'll see twenty people that like their post. 
  6. Face book Philosophers.  It is annoying when a person get on Face book and every other post is about uplifting black people.  I tolerate these post because some of them are beneficial. 
  7. Party Invitations being inbox.  Don't.   I repeat do not keep sending me thirty  invites to the same party.  This leads me to believe that you're frightened no one will come out to celebrate with you.
  8. Face book Preachers.  You really shouldn't put up a post about God and then curse somebody out within 5 minutes on another page.
  9. Deciphering peoples' post.  Stop picking peoples' post apart and thinking that all negative post are to you or about you.  You really aren't that important.
  10. Face book Gang Wars.  I hate when people does this. You aren't hurting anyone but your keyboard.  As much as they irritate me, I love to read their post.
Okay, I shared with you my love/hate relationship with social media.  Now, feel free to share yours.  Thanks for following and may you be blessed abundantly.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Intense Debate Comments