June 12, 2010

80'S VS NOW


Last night my son and I were walking my cousin, Lisa to the bus stop.  My son is very talkative as myself at times.  Shut up to my close friends and relatives who are agreeing with this.  Anyway, my son loves rap music.  This 8yr old little boy is infatuated with rap.    Unfortunately, due to the explicit language and content of today's music he isn't allowed to listen to it.  However, he is allowed to listen to old school rap.  The language is mild and the lyrics are actually understandable.   But, last night I found myself taken back into era that  I am so sad it had to leave.  The "80's"


This was an era that each song contributed a memory in your life.  I guarantee if you listen to an eighties song, you can almost visualize your life in that very moment.  For instance, every time I hear Tramp by Salt N Pepa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afBDufimxO0 I can remember waiting anxiously for the Friday night street beat show hosted by Philly's own Lady B.  I would sit on the kitchen floor with cassette tape ready to start recording.  My point is that the music now is so different from the music then.  You can actually sing these songs aloud and no one will feel disrespected.  Do you remember how your mother would go crazy when her oldies were on and you to would later love the same songs?  Yes, not only would you share the same passion for the song but you would learn it verbatim.  Now look below and see what our great grandchildren will be singing:
I used to be scared of the dick
Now I throw lips to the shit
Handle it like a real bitch
Heather Hunter, Janet Jack-me
Take it in the butt, yah, yazz what


So compare an album from the 80's to an album now and share your comment on what you think is best.  Thanks for stopping by and may you be blessed abundantly.  Peace...............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intense Debate Comments