June 22, 2010

Grandparents Are Grand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Father's Day I was privileged to visit with my grandparents.   I'm going to  emphasize the word privileged  because it's oh so true.  Its an honor for any of us to be that close to history.  The wrinkles of an elderly face are traces of their past.  Each line is like a tattoo of a hurdle that had to be crossed in order to get through the next obstacle in life.  When I look at my grandfather I see pain, sadness, joy, confidence, struggles, courage, intelligence, strength, pride, determination, love,  and most of all I see GOD.  I am an only child of my mother and the majority of my young life we lived with her parents.  I didn't meet my father until I was 16yrs of age.  Thankfully, for my grandfather I never missed his presence or nor once have I yearned for his affection.  I was blessed to have two mommies and one daddy.  I couldn't imagine how our life would've been with out the both of them.  If you are blessed enough to have a Robert Lee or an Emma Kearney in your life make sure you let them know how much you love and appreciate them.  Thanks for supporting my blog and may you be blessed abundantly.  Peace.................................

1 comment:

  1. This was a tear jerker! So beautiful indeed! I don't have grandparents.The only one I had died long ago so I never had the chance as an adult to shower her with all the love and care she gave me! Im glad you realize why you should treasure them. Enjoy and continue the love! awwww : )

    ReplyDelete

Intense Debate Comments