April 24, 2010

From The Mouths Of Babes

                                                 
 
I have to beautiful boys of the age 8yrs old and 10months old.  My oldest baby, Malik is a whole mess.  You will never be shocked by the things that sometimes come out of his mouth.  I swear sometimes it feels like he has been on this earth many times before.  I'll never forget when Malik was 3yrs old and he just started daycare.  We were on the bus on our way home and Malik was tugging at me and kept saying "Mommy, Mommy I want a turn"  So I asked him what did he want a turn in because we weren't playing a game.  He then pointed in the direction of what he was talking about.  It was a man in a wheelchair.  My jaw dropped and if I could have made my son and myself invisible at that time I would have.  Thankfully, the passenger didn't take offense but, that was the beginning to my journey of explanations.  I had to and still do explain that sometimes we have to think about what we say.  But, that was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intense Debate Comments