April 18, 2011

Save Our Community..Includes Archived Articles Of Many Crimes That Took Place Right In The Heart Of Your Neighborhood

Today I can honestly sit and reflect on all the lives that has been lost in the black community from drugs, violence, and sex. In Philadelphia alone we have seen and still see a variety of black men and women sucummbing to the evils that lurk our community. But, just as fast as their success was gained a lot were soon forgotten in the event of the next person's demise or incarceration. One thing that can't be denied is that these men and women have either been a lesson or a testimony. It's those that take heed to their story that gains. However, those who don't take heed becomes just another statistic of the ghetto. Sad but all so very true.
Stepping away from the normal blogs that I post, I thought that this may be informative for the young teenage boy that glorifies the street or the teenage girl that glorifies the man/boy in the streets. In no way am I glorifying the events that plagued our city. Listed below is various articles and video footage of different events that plagued the city of Philadelphia's black communities. The DVD's that has become viral in the black community glorifying the lifestyles of many drug dealers, thieves, pimps, and etc. are simply animations from the true stories of the articles below.
Source: JOSEPH P. BLAKE and JOE O'DOWD, Daily News Staff Writers
A shooting spree inside a North Philadelphia rowhouse early today left a four people dead, including a man who neighbors feared was a local boxer intent on fighting his way out of the neighborhood.
By mid-morning, only one of the victims had been positively identified:
Dawn Gross, 18, of Broad Street near Nedro. Police tentatively identified one of the male victims as local boxer Gregory Tutt, 25, but the medical examiner's office was awaiting identification by
Published on 1988-05-19, Page 05, Philadelphia Daily News (PA)
I think that this death hurt a lot of people in my community personally because he was OUR Floyd Mayweather. A crime so senseless that left a family with a broken heart.

A 22-year-old reputed Junior Black Mafia lieutenant was fatally shot on the porch of his West Philadelphia home early yesterday, police said.
Police said Leroy "Bucky" Davis, 22, of Creighton Street near Wyalusing Avenue, was found at 2:40 a.m. lying on his back. He had been shot four times - in the head, left ankle, right groin and right hip, they said.
A Fire Rescue unit was called and tried to resuscitate Davis, but he was pronounced dead at the scene,

A 22-year-old reputed Junior Black Mafia lieutenant was fatally shot on the porch of his West Philadelphia home early yesterday, police said.
Police said Leroy "Bucky" Davis, 22, of Creighton Street near Wyalusing Avenue, was found at 2:40 a.m. lying on his back. He had been shot four times - in the head, left ankle, right groin and right hip, they said.
A Fire Rescue unit was called and tried to resuscitate Davis, but he was pronounced dead at the scene,
Published on 1990-05-15, Page 08, Philadelphia Daily News (PA)
Article 8 o
Junior Black Mafia member-turned-informant Rodney Carson appeared unflappable during day-long cross-examination yesterday in federal court, but he drew the line when he was accused of setting up his best friend's murder.

"For you to sit here and say I killed my best friend, that's outrageous," Carson told defense attorney Christopher Furlong, his voice quivering.

Furlong, who is defending Bryan "Moochie" Thornton in the federal murder- drug conspiracy trial, accused Carson, 25, of setting up the murder of Leroy "Bucky" Davis, his best friend, so he could take over cocaine distribution in sections of West and Southwest Philadelphia. Davis was fatally shot May 14, 1991.
"Moochie killed him!" said Carson.

"I wasn't there when Bucky got killed," Carson said.

"I voiced my opinion right after it happened about who killed my best friend."

Carson said he told co-defendant Aaron "AJ" Jones, reputed JBM street boss, and homicide detectives that he believed Thornton shot Davis.
Carson, who identified himself as Davis' "underboss," had testified earlier that Thornton and Davis had argued about cutting off the cocaine supply and not paying off a witness in another related murder case.

Later, he added, Jones pulled Carson over in a car and "confessed that Moochie killed Bucky. He cried on my shoulder and he said he had to come back to admit to me that he did it."

Co-defendant Bernard "Quadir" Fields, with Jones, hugged Carson, he said.

Davis' death was the turning point in Carson's life when he lost interest in selling cocaine and only wanted to find Davis' killer, he said.

And he began to cooperate with police. He signed plea agreements in February 1991.

Carson testified that he was beaten by homicide detectives during questioning about Davis' death.

"I just let them beat me until they finished. They got to stop sometime," he said.

Although Carson took over Davis's drug territory, he said, "I didn't try to get too much involved in drugs. I was looking for Bucky's killer."

Defense attorney Louis Savino suggested Carson look in the mirror.

"I don't have to look in the mirror," Carson said.

"I only have to look across the room."
A 15-year-old North Philadelphia boy was charged with murder yesterday in the shooting death of his 12-year-old sister. The shooting apparently was accidental, police said.
Tamika Scott of the 1900 block of North 31st Street was pronounced dead shortly before 6 p.m. Wednesday in a third-floor bedroom of her house.
Her brother, Jermaine, was charged with murder, involuntary manslaughter, possession of an instrument of crime and possession of an offensive weapon, said Detective Lt.
Published on 1988-02-26, Page B05, Philadelphia Inquirer, The (PA)

Source: Dave Racher, Daily News Staff Writer
Shawn Roussaw said he didn't think much of it when he saw his cousin, Donyell Paddy, wearing a flowered dress and a black wig in a North Philly bar.
It was last April, and Paddy was saying that if LaShawn Whaley decided to testify against Paddy in a double murder case, "she would have to go," Roussaw said.
That was two days before Whaley, 20, was shot to death on April 28 at Hemberger and Lippincott streets by a man wearing a flowered dress and
Published on 1993-06-30, Page 12, Philadelphia Daily News (PA)

By Nicole Weisensee and Jack McGuire,
Daily News Staff Writers
Source: Philadelphia Daily News (PA); 328 words
Published: 1995-10-23
Section: LOCAL | Page 04 | Edition: PM
Three people were killed and two others were wounded early yesterday in a thunder of gunfire during a robbery at a North Philadelphia home, police said.
Neighbors told cops the residence was a crackhouse, but police said they found only one packet of crack cocaine in the home.
Police believe that it may have been a place where drug money was delivered and that the money may have been a robbery motive.
Shortly before 1 a.m. yesterday, four men entered the house on West Diamond Street near 29th armed with semiautomatic weapons.
"They made the occupants lie on the floor," said Sgt. Alex Strong. "They then ransacked the house.
"At some point during the robbery, something went awry."
The men began shooting at the three men lying on the floor face down in the living room. They shot another man in the side as he was going out the door. He managed to give money he was carrying to someone else before passing out, police said.
A woman was shot in the stomach and chest and was found outside the house.
The killers left the home in a tan or light brown small car and headed west on Diamond Street, police said.
Police found 30 shell casings from a semiautomatic weapon in the home.
The three fatalities were Abdul Lopez, 24, who lived at the house; Kevin Boyd, 24, of North Lambert Street near Susquehanna Avenue, and Tremayne Wilson, 24, of Parkside Avenue near 40th Street.
Boyd was the nephew of neighborhood activist Jewell Williams, who is the executive director of the Susquehanna Neighborhood Advisory Council and who is active in local politics.
Williams said yesterday that Boyd was the third family member lost to violence in the last two years. Boyd and Lopez were second cousins.
The family was too distraught to comment yesterday, but Williams said Boyd was "a good kid."
Police would not release the identities of the survivors or what hospitals they were taken to, but said both were expected to survive.
© Philadelphia Daily News (PA)

By Dave Racher, Daily News Staff Writer
Source: Philadelphia Daily News (PA); 372 words
Published: 2000-03-11
Section: LOCAL | Page 09 | Edition: Late Sports

Nobody put a gun to Michael Burton's head to get him to admit that he was wanted for murder.
Burton, 25, did it himself on Oct. 4, 1996.
During a 10-minute police standoff near 22nd and Spruce streets, Burton shoved a gun into his mouth and said he was wanted for "murder." "I'm not afraid to die," Burton shouted to police after a high-speed chase and three carjackings.
At the time, Burton was also threatening to kill a hostage.
Burton had fled from cops because he was wanted for three murders in a Strawberry Mansion rowhouse on Oct. 22, 1995, police said.
Yesterday, Burton, of South Philadelphia and Mantua, was convicted of the three killings, two attempted murders and five robbery charges.
Because one of the convictions was for first-degree murder, Common Pleas Judge James A. Lineberger ordered jurors to return on Monday to decide whether Burton will live or die.
Burton, who showed no emotion, faces life terms for two second-degree murders.
Last year, a different jury was unable to decide the murder case but convicted Burton of the carjackings.
Lineberger then sentenced him to 14 to 40 years for those offenses.
Yesterday's jury ruled that Burton deliberately murdered Tremayne "Thomas" Wilson, 24, and was present when one of his three accomplices gunned down Abdul Lopez, 24, and Kevin Boyd, also 24.
Two others were shot and wounded during a robbery inside the home on Diamond Street near 29th.
The prosecution claimed Burton had argued with one of the occupants before arriving with his armed friends.
Among those sitting in the courtroom for yesterday's verdict was Common Pleas Judge Tama Myers Clark.
On the day of Burton's arrest, he attempted to steal Clark's car but she resisted, honking her horn and stepping on the gas.
Burton then went to the car behind Clark's auto, which was being driven by her husband, Peter, who fell as he was pulled out.
Sherman Harris, a sergeant-at-arms for District Council 33, a city employees' union, was then taken hostage when Burton forced him from his car at gunpoint.
Illustration/Photo: PHOTO
Michael Burton shoves a gun in his mouth while holding Sherman Harris hostage during 10-minute standoff with police in October 1996. Burton was convicted yesterday of multiple crimes. (JIM MacMILLAN / DAILY NEWS)
© Philadelphia Daily News (PA)

Again this posting isn't to glorify criminal activity but to see the effect that it has on our community. I'm positive we all know someone that needs the right push to get on the right track. Read and Share.....Thank you so much for visiting my site and may you be blessed abundantly...Peace...


  1. Electronic digital Direct: Where Most of Entertainment Tools Are Very affordable

    Feel free to visit my site klaxon

  2. +$3,624 profit last week...

    Receive 5 Star verified winning bets on NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL + Anti-Vegas Smart Money Signals!


Intense Debate Comments

Follow by Email